Friday, June 12, 2009
FMTouch 1.41 Good News and Bad News
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
FileMaker Pro for BlackBerry Storm, Pearl, Curve and Bold
The beginning of July will mark over 9 months of programming - and we have decided give everyone a look at FileMaker running on the BlackBerry.
So, imagine if you will, the ability to run a relational database, view, sort, edit, create records, display portals, images in portals, value lists, display layout objects, and container fields and sync. You can access all of your FileMaker data without being connected to the internet. Your data will be running locally on your BlackBerry:)
We have created a simple FileMaker Devcon Database to give an example of FileMaker running on the BlackBerry.
Contact's Layout with fields, number formatting, container fields, and layout objects displaying.
Exhibitors Table / Layout with fields, portals pulling from a related table and layout objects showing.
Agenda with multiple layout objects, and value lists
Contact's database running on the BlackBerry Curve.
For those of you that are interested in learning more about FileMaker and the BlackBerry - be sure to join the FMTouch notification / email group at http://www.fmtouch.com or follow me on Twiter
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
New FMTouch Update Underway
- New Licensing - we are working on Developer versions that will allow you to bundle your own application and then resell that app on the Apple iTunes store
- New Developer features to allow bundling to happen
- Improvement on Container sync
- Fix - Value List bug
- Fix - Sound / Container bug
- Fix Previous / Next Horizontal view bug (Previous / Next currently hidden when iPhone is held horizontally)
- Add the ability to run a script on start-up
- The ability to hide and show buttons - functionally governed by scripts
- Dial Telephone Script step
- A few other scripts
- Working on Mac and Windows Server Syncing
- Working on Live data connection
Friday, June 5, 2009
FMTouch Developer License - Publish your solution to iTunes
What will the developer version do?
The developer version of FMTouch will enable you to bundle your solution with FMTouch and sell it at whatever price point you desire. Your customer will NOT need to buy FMTouch separately.
* You will need to apply for an Apple developers license (usually takes about 24 hours)
* You will have to submit your application to Apple and go through the same approval process that everyone else goes through.
* FMWebschool is going to create a couple basic solutions bundled with FMTouch and submit them to the App store to see if there are any gotchas. This will help us with documentation and improve our bundling process.
* Customers buying your product will not have to have FileMaker Pro - but if you provide a desktop version - they will be able to sync to that version.
Price Points Open to discussion
(Please don't just say "Too high or Too Low" we need a good discussion)
We would like to discuss price points with everyone as this will enable everyone to bundle their solutions and sell them to all Apple iTunes visitors. Remember this puts your App online, worldwide without you having to write or learn any code.
You could create a FileMaker solution, bundle it with FMTouch and then sell it on the Apple App store for $4.99
Developing such a license will affect our sales of FMTouch as we will lose a lot of Enterprise sales where companies buy 50-100 copies of FMTouch at a time.
So these are the price points that we are considering.
Basic Development License $297 - This will enable you to bundle once FileMaker application with FMTouch and sell it on the iTunes store.
Pro Development License $497 - Allows you to bundle up to 5 FileMaker solutions with FMTouch and sell on the iTunes store.
Unlimited Development License $997 - Allows you to bundle as many apps as you like with FMTouch and sell on the iTunes store.
You would basically be able to create a FileMaker application, bundle it with FMTouch and sell it as your own application without having to learn Objective C, X-Code etc...
All profits would be yours paid to you by Apple, Inc., and you would pay no royalties to FMWebschool.
Further help with Apple Developer License - App Submission Etc...
For developers that would like help with the process of getting their Apple developers license and submitting an application for the first time (as well as help with bundling) we will offer a service where we will do this for you for $197.
We've built several applications, FMTouch, a Battleship App, and a game called WaitAndPlay" so we know our way around the App store and what is required.
Please, we would like your comments on the pricing, and we will let you know how our bundling testing and Apple approval goes.
The team at FMWebschool
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]